How to make Egg Noodles in Chinese Style

Two years back before corona virus spread out in Kolkata, sometimes I used to eat street foods like masala dosa, fried rice, chowmein, chhole bhature, kochuri, samosa, jilebi etc.  

In those days, I had to go out from time to time for some work. Most of the time, I had no time to have lunch at home, though I love home cooked food. 

One day, on my way back to home, I noticed several road side street food stalls in a row. I was very hungry, and I had no energy to cook food going home at the late hour of 4-30 pm.  So I decided to eat street food. Street food is cheaper than the  restaurant food.  So I decided to eat street food. 

I took a plate of Veg Noodles, price was @Rs.35 per plate. But the noodles were cooked very unhygienically and too much sauces were added. I did not like that at all. I can cook Noodles better than this. 

After the lockdown started, naturally I would rarely go out of home and stopped eating out. 

I still remember when I ate my first Chowmein. It was long ago when I was a school going student. My elder sister brought for me from an authentic Chinese restaurant at Tangra (Kolkata). The Chowmein was very tasty, with full of gravy, so slippery. But at first, I was hesitant to eat that, because a complete new dish I was going to taste. That was the tastiest Chowmein dish I ever had. 

Today, I am presenting here a very simple tasty Chinese Style Egg Noodles Recipe.  I have not added  Ajinomoto (monosodium glutamate) in this recipe which is used to make the Chinese dish more tastier. 


How to make Egg Noodles in Chinese Style,Noodles, Chowmein, Egg Chowmein, Egg Noodles Recipe in English, Egg Chowmein Recipe in English, Simply Delicious Egg Chowmein Recipe
Egg Noodles Recipe in Chinese Style* 

 

Serving for : 2
Preparation Time : 20 minutes 
Cooking Time : 15 minutes 



Egg Noodles Recipe Main Ingredients
Egg Noodles Recipe Main Ingredients*


RECIPE INGREDIENTS 

Noodles - 1 small packet noodles (serving for 2)

Egg - 2 
Garlic - 1 tablespoon finely chopped 
Green chilies - 2 chopped or as per your taste 
Black pepper -  ½ teaspoon or as per your taste 
Vinegar -  ¼ teaspoon 
Sesame or Olive Oil - As required 
Capsicum - 1 medium jullenined
Red bell pepper -  1 medium jullenined 
Onion - 1 big size chopped 
Carrot - 1 jullenined 
Cabbage -   ½ cup shredded 
Spring onion - 1 tablespoon 
Star Anise - 1 (optional) 
Maze - 1 strand (optional) 
Soya sauce - 1 teaspoon
Chili sauce - 1 teaspoon 
Tomato sauce - 2 teaspoons 
Salt - As needed 


Boiled Noodles main ingredient of Egg Noodles Recipe
Boiled Noodles*

How to make Egg Noodles in Chinese Style 

Boil sufficient water.  Add the noodles.

After few minutes, check the Noodles. Be cautious, do not over boil the noodles, cook the noodles till al dente. Drain out the Noodles. I have used sieve to drain out the noodles. Then wash the boiled noodles with normal tap water to remove unwanted starch. Drain out the noodles again. Mix 1 teaspoon oil, so that the noodles do not stick with each other. 


Vegetables frying for Egg Noodles Recipe
Vegetables frying for Egg Noodles Recipe*  

Heat oil in an oak or a big pan or kadai. If sesame oil or olive oil is not available at your home, you can use any refined white oil. Add the chopped garlic. Fry them till they turn brown. If you wish, you can add star anise and maze at this time. Add the chopped onion. Fry for a while.  Now start adding all the vegetables - carrot, capsicum, bell peppers, shredded cabbage, green chilies.  Stir in high flame for few minutes till they become soft, but remain crunchy. 


Egg added to make egg scrambles for Egg Noodles Recipe
Egg added to make egg scrambles for Egg Noodles Recipe *

Egg scrambles made for Egg Noodles Recipe
Egg scrambles made for Egg Noodles Recipe*

Move all the fried vegetables in one side of the pan. Reduce the flame. Make space for frying eggs.  Break two eggs in the oak or pan. Lightly scramble them.  Add Vinegar and black pepper.  Vinegar will take away the raw smell of the eggs.

Add salt, soya sauce, tomato sauce.  Add spring onion. Mix well.  Add the boiled noodles. Fry well for 5 minutes. Put off the gas flame. 

Now Egg Noodles are ready to eat and serve.  Serve hot. 

 

Note :  All the  vegetables mentioned in my above Egg Noodles Recipe are not mandatory.  You can add vegetables as per your choice. The main ingredients are noodles and eggs since this is an Egg Noodles Recipe.  I could  not add capsicum and bell pepper because at the timje of cooking this dish, these vegetables were not available at my home. 


* Pictures taken from my own recipe by myself 









Comments